CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Step daughters 18th card

My step daughter is turning 18 this week (she was a cheeky little 7 year old when I first met her) so a special card was needed.

After a LOT of to-ing and fro-ing about the image to use and several changes of mind, this is what I came up with!

The card is 8 x 8 size and I used brown card to make it. The backing paper is a gorgeous freebie I got with a magazine.

I can't remember where I got the image from! But I coloured it in pinks and black and use black glossy accent on the straps and glittered up the ribbon on the shoe.

Mounted on pink mirror board layered with brown card and embossed a second piece and layered that too. Used Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch to make the border behind and stuck on som hot pink ribbon.

Stamped the number 18 on some brown patterned paper and cut a scalloped circle in hot pink to mount it. Then used glossy accents all over to make a "badge".

Didn't have any brown ribbon so used some white and coloured it with distress ink (using the blender tool) and made into a bow and layered onto a hot pink bow.

Added a few roses to finish it off.

She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment